"Everything I learned I learned from the movies."
- Audrey Hepburn

"Everytime I go to a movie, it's magic, no matter what the movie's about."
- Steven Spielberg



Thursday 29 September 2011

Upcoming movies 2011-12

I've just finished my Youtube frenzy of re-watching upcoming movie trailers and cannot wait for some of them. I am a massive movie junkie and proud of it. Here are a few that I have started a coundown for:



I love, love, love the underworld trilogy (well maybe not so much the third one) so when I heard a fourth was coming out I couldn't contain my joy. The fight sequences are fast paced and fun, and the fact that our hero is a heroine makes me even more giddy. The underworld franchise are some of my favourite vampire movies along with Blade trilogy, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Interview with a vampire and Van Helsing.




I'm aware that this trailer looks like a typical action adventure movie however it seems I can't resist some good slow-mo fight scenes that director Paul.W. Anderson has become known for. PLUS, Milla Jovovich once again plays a kick-ass action role. I look forward to see if this movie is just a fluff piece or a hidden treasure.




Last but not least. I was shown this trailer the other day in literature (thanks foster)and I was captivated by the dark romantic way in which they've presented this film, plus the song they have used in this trailer is great (everything in it's right place- Radiohead) ,it contrasts the period in which the film is set. There is a modern aspect to this movie, using high angle shots and slow pans. Looks great.

No comments:

Post a Comment